March 29, 2010

Spring break...day 3 of 10!



Today is day 3 of the 10 day spring break 

for my boys...

I am curious to see how long it 

will take before they start fighting!!

Yesterday we had a good day and other than the 

"mud incident" we survived without

any major issues 

... and I actually got started on a few new projects.



Last weekend we picked up this wooden desk/console table

that has great potential other than the disgusting paint job on it!!


I love the hand carved details...

and check out those claw feet!!


So...first a good sanding on the flat surfaces and then 

a coat of primer going on. 

I'm not sure if this one will go white or light grey.

I will let my dh make that decision!! lol

I will show how this one turns out though as I am 

pretty excited about this piece.


I also got to making an "antiques" sign

that has been on my TO DO list for a few months.

Here she is up close:


and again...



Is anyone else having issues with uploading photos

on blogger today??

Hopefully I get to a few more projects on my list this week...

but I am sure I will have a few more interruptions than normal!



2 comments:

  1. Blogger was having problems for a while but it seems they've fixed it, thank goodness...thought it was my pc! Your desk is beautiful, it'll look amazing when it's done! Your antique sign is gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That desk/console table is unbelievably gorgeous! I'm quite jealous. I love the detail in it.

    ReplyDelete