March 12, 2010

L'art pour tous....

Yesterday was a bit of a whirl wind day as I went and picked up new paint for our family room, some mis-tints for furniture projects, and various other supplies for the studio. I also listed my shabby dresser for sale that I finished earlier this week (I bought the missing handle and put it on...so much better now!! lol) 

I am also excited to have had a few sales from my Urban Whyte etsy shop and things were starting to look pretty lean so I made a few new things...this one I finished late last nite!



Ooooh la la!!

I printed a vintage french advertisement onto linen fabric and then added it to a vintage spoon display rack that I shabby'ed up (is that a real technical term?? lol)

Here is another photo of it:

I also made a sweet little fame with a honey bee in it (abielle is french for "bee")



I am pretty happy with this one and I will be making more...especially now that I am signed up to be a vendor at The Vintage Chicks Spring Fair!! I am so excited to be  a part of this....it is going to the Canadian equivalent of The Farm Chicks event!!

Anyways, today is going to be yet another busy day as I get to painting the family room, laundry, answering emails and maybe even some time to create!

I am participating in:





Blessings,
Karen

8 comments:

  1. Bonjour...You wrote it right :)OH WOW you are good, i can't do that!!!
    I am following your blog now. I would love to be friends.:)
    Gros bisous
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful spoon rack, turned jewelry older.
    Love shabbied up treasures.

    Nice to find you site via Funky Junk Interiors.

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--I love how that turned out. another thing to add to my thrift list, a spoon rack. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The spoon rack using the french linen is just darling!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty - you have great "vision".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love love both projects (I have a thing for bees, so that is especially fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you while blog hopping. Great blog! I'm Canadian too..just outside Winnipeg.
    I have at least FIVE of those spoon holders. One of these days I will get at them.

    They were to become shabby type hankie holders, you poke the hanky nicely of course inbetween the spoon holders.
    When filled with lacy and pastel print hankies it looks great!
    You might want to try that too. Love the necklace holder idea too!

    ReplyDelete