August 30, 2010

One crafty mama!!


I am so tickled with today's little project.

Last week I picked up this set of glass canisters

at the thrift store for a whopping $3.25!!


It is a whole lot dated and dirty 

but I have perfect thing in mind for it 

and it does NOT involve sugar or flour!!





After a good cleaning with vinegar and water, 

it was out to the porch for a 

little bit of  Kilz primer....looking better already!





I could not decide if it should be aqua or white, 

so I have to admit the final product actually has both!!

After a bit of distressing you can see a hint of the 

aqua peeking out and I think it is just the perfect amount!!





I am using these beauties to corral the kids art supplies...

one for pencil crayons, 

one for skinny markers,

one for fat markers, 

and one for scissors, tape and glue.




How's that for a craft mama?

I am sharing this here:








Blessings,
Karen


9 comments:

  1. PERFECT!!! Love your re-do! Much better than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love your canister makeover! I found the exact same set at our local goodwill. Unfortunately I paid twice as much as you did. But, I had fun painting ours with chalkboard paint:
    http://www.prettyhandygirl.com/2010/09/chalk-it-upto-busy-day.html

    Brittany
    http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog and love your finished project - everything is cuter when you paint it white!!! Can't wait to read more! Happy Holidays ~Destiny

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you beat that! Adorable and a great price! Bravo!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been missing you on Pink Saturdays. I hope all is well.♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. LURVE IT!!! White is my go to and aqua is my happy!! Match made in heaven!!

    ReplyDelete