August 19, 2010

4 kids, a dog, and two tired parents....


I finally got around to uploading the photos 

from our family road trip to British Columbia.

It was a long drive there but we had a 

lot of fun with friends and family. 

As usual it was a rushed trip,

 so we did the marathon 12 hour drive

 back home (at the kids' request!)

so they could sleep in their own beds again!




In Alberta there are two seasons:

winter and

road construction!

Needless to say we sat 

on the parking lot

highway for quite a few hours. 

However, there was lots of cool 

sights along the way and 

we stopped to check out our 

favorite water fall.



Last summer they were building this new deck 

and it sticks right out over the edge of this waterfall...

it is so freaky standing there with so much 

powerful water rushing past your feet!




We had a nice man take a family photo of us all

(holy smokes...is my hubby really that much taller than me??

are my kids really getting as tall as me?? )




and we saw lots of wildlife.

This one is a little blurry because I was trying to 

be quick before he ran away...




but he didn't so we took a bunch 

more photos of him as we walked past 

our van on the side of the road




after a while though Mr. Caribou 

didn't think it was so much fun 

posing for us anymore




so we finished the rest of the long drive 

home looking at mountains, 

and then prairie,

 and then home sweet home.

Yup...

Home Sweet Home!


Blessings, Karen










2 comments:

  1. Great photos and wonderful memories...enjoy your evening :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful family! But I must say I'm glad I don't live where you do--I hate winter, LOL!

    ReplyDelete