July 24, 2010

What's your hang up??


My big project this week 

was to strip the old wall paper 

(4 layers worth!!)

 off this wall in the hallway. 

After all that scraping and peeling 

I decided to go for a new print instead of paint 

due to the condition of the wall 

after all was said and done.



I found this sweet red and cream 

print by Waverly 

and went right to work hanging it on 

the upper portion of this wall.




Because I have 3 boys who frequent

 this hall on a regular basis 

(it leads to the bedrooms and the bathroom!) 

I decided to add tongue and grove pine 

like the stuff that is on the wall in the kitchen

 (but this time I had to buy it so I had enough boards!!)



I also purchased my first big power tool:

a compound miter saw

(the female cashier at Home Depot was 

thrilled to see a lady buying power tools!! LOL)





This stuff is so easy to use and I had 

a blast using my new saw!! lol

I bought a trim piece to fit over the top 

edge and it finished it off very nicely.





I then used painter's caulk to fill in the gaps 

between the wood and the trim.

Don't worry...switching out that black switch plate

 is on my list but am a bit nervous

about doing electrical stuff!!

I might get over it...but I might just 

ask my hubby to do that part!





And here is the finished wall.

I painted the peg shelf with apple green spray paint

a few days ago but now I am thinking 

I should have made it red.

What do you think??





I added a sweet ruffled apron and some 

new tea towels to the pegs,

and then added a few of my stoneware pitchers,

a sweet vintage print (in an unexpected yellow frame),

and one of my own paintings.





Do you have a peg shelf in your house?? 

I would love to see what you have displayed on yours!!



I am sharing this here:









3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I like the green. It's a nice contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely darling! I love the combination of colors and all your little details. You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's really pretty~I love the horizontal boards. I like the green, but if you don't like it, that's what counts.

    ReplyDelete