July 24, 2010

Just to make me smile....


I woke up way too early this morning 

with a project in my head the moment 

I put my feet on the floor!!

Sometimes I like waking up inspired to create....

and sometimes I would just rather sleep in!!

Today I would have liked to sleep in.

LOL



Anyways, I have had this little project

 in the back of my mind for some time now 

and it seemed like a great time to do it.

 It is just a little something completely for my

 own viewing pleasure...it is not practical, 

or functional, or even all that stunning....

it is just something that makes me smile inside.



I have a bunch of plain wooden skirt/pant 

hangers that needed a "little something" on them, 

so I took some pretty scrapbook paper 

 from my (embarrassing) large stash and 

cut it into 3/4" strips.



and then I used some acrylic gel medium 

(kinda like Modge Podge)

and glued it onto the outer edge of the hanger. 

I did another coat over top of the paper to seal it.





Once it was dry I trimmed the ends and 

them gave them a little sanding to distress the edges.





So there you have it....

a cute little "something" to dress up my hangers.




Nothing earth shattering...




Just something to make me smile:0)



I am sharing this here:




Blessings, 
Karen

11 comments:

  1. I love that!! Simple things are the most beautiful, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are cute! I didn't know you could sand and distress paper, I must give that a go :)
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! You need to mass produce these and get these on Etsy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project! I really like to see fun things in unexpected places, and this definitely qualifies. I may have to hunt me up some of those hangers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a simple, but totally adorable idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! The outcome is so professional. I agree with what Terry said. This screams for Etsy attention. Well done on your GD3!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice way to personalize and girly or glam up a closet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh-oh! I think I just got inspired to dress up my hangrs too. Simple and easy, but big result. I know I'll smile when I see them in MY closet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute idea! I love the cute skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just had to remodel our closet in the house that we are renting. And after everything was hanging up neatly again, I thought about getting some pretty hangers! Thanks for the inspiration!

    And I must ask, where in the world did you find that beautiful skirt?!? I love it!

    ~♥~
    Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the compliments ladies....as for the skirt...it was a $5.00 thrift store find!! It has an Old Navy tag in it, but I have no idea how recent it is...but I love it and wear it a lot!!

    ReplyDelete